He Knows Our Frame
Pslam 103:14-16

Monday, November 22, 2010

Thankful


3Jn 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.

 I am  thankful for so many things this Thanksgiving week. The #1 being my salvation!! Jesus has set me free. Sean and I pray for the salvation of each of our nine children. This is the desire of our hearts more than anything else. Yes, we want to be the best parents a kid could have but how do we go about that? I am learning ever so slowly lately that we can only be good parents by loving our Lord and walking with Him. If our children see any hypocrisy they will run the other way. Do they see the same mom/dad out in public as they see at home? Do they see us on our faces seeking the Lord? What about humility when we mess up, which will happen?  I have observed lately how children act just like their parents. When we see a character flaw in one of our children, we can pretty much know it originated from one of us. I am so thankful that God  has begun a work in me and will continue to do so.  I pray God would give me a heart to teach my children diligently about Him!!
 Ok, more things that I am thankful for.
A Godly husband who loves me unconditionally
A church body who loves the Lord and each other
My childen's health. Some of our children have a genetic disorder but they are all doing great now.
My brother, who we thought would not be here a few years ago. He also has a serious genetic disorder.
My sister, who is my best friend in the world
That I can homeschool my kids
A pastor who loves his flock
Food in the pantry and the fridge
My coffee:-)
Friends who encourage me in my walk with the Lord
Little giggles that are always found at our house:-)

 I pray that God would give me a thankful heart this week and every week. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!

~Joli~





No comments:

Post a Comment