He Knows Our Frame
Pslam 103:14-16

Friday, January 28, 2011

Hunter

 I have been procrastinating big time on writing a post about Hunter turning 16. I thought there was no way that I could even begin to express my thoughts on it.  It really seems like just yesterday he was born. Sean and I were so young. Sean was 23 and I was 20 when he was born. So in some ways we have grown up with him. He has always been very laid back but such a deep thinker. Hunter challenges me in my walk with the Lord regularly. He is my talker and loves to get into deep discussions about the Lord and just about anything. We are so proud of him. He works hard in his school work and makes awesome grades. We are truly blessed to be his parents! There are days that I get really emotional thinking about him going off to college or on the mission field somewhere far off but then I am reminded that he is a young man now:) I am so excited to see what the Lord has for him in the future.
 Hunter,
 Always love Jesus with all of your heart, soul and mind. Seek Him every morning with prayer and reading His word.Put others first above yourself always, even when it is hard to do. Everything you do, do for the Glory of God!! Do not think that you have to do what the youth of this world does to fit in and be a normal "teenager". God has given you His word for you to obey Him not this world. Be strong and courageous when it comes to sharing the gospel with people. Keep that sweet, loving, playful heart that loves children. All little kids love and adore you for a reason:) Your dad always says that you are just like me but I see more and more of your dad in you every day. I am so thankful for that because you have a dad who is not perfect, but who loves the Lord with all of his heart and who loves you so very much. You are a special son to me Hunter, and I love you with all my heart!!!!

 Love, your Mama Hardwick:) (aka mom)

"I have no greater joy to know that my children are walking in truth"  3 John 1:4.  Hunter, you are a blessing to me and I love you dearly.  You truly have such a special disposition about you that proclaims that you having something or someone  ruling in your heart that is not of this world.  That someone is Jesus!  Yes we see struggles that you have but are thankful that you are growing in His grace everyday.  Keep hiding His word in your heart as it will be a light unto your path and a lamp unto your feet throughout the days of your life.  Always remember the quote that you have on your wall by Brainerd that says, "As long as I see any thing to be done for God, life is worth having; but O how vain and unworthy it is to live for any lower end!"  Keep that ever in your mind.  All for Him who is worthy to receive the reward of His suffering.  I love you son!   You are an inspiration!


Love Dad  

No comments:

Post a Comment