He Knows Our Frame
Pslam 103:14-16

Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Little Things

 Jesus has been teaching me lately to notice the little things in my life that should make me smile and give thanks to Him. Having a big family means that I am busy most of the day and into the night sometimes. He has also convicted me of always wanting a perfect, clean home. I wasn't always this way. When Sean and I were first married, I kept a messy house and it didn't bother me one bit. I was just as content as I could be to hang out with my husband and my little kids. The bigger our family grew the more I needed to organize and keep things clean just to function. Well, I needed the Lord to show me that I had allot of pride issues and I needed to be like Mary and not Martha. I need to keep my eyes on the eternal at all times. I'm not saying we should never clean our houses and organize, but we do need to set our priorities right.
 These are just a few of the little things in life around me each day that I normally would miss but not anymore.


1. My husbands big strong hands! I love his hands.
2. Sweet-sixteen doughnut faces
3. Little giggles
4. Swinging on the porch swing with my baby
5. A phone call from Sean ( means he was thinking of me:-))
6. A picture of me drawn by my 3 and 5 year old. For the 10th time in a day:-)
7. Coffee
8. My 15 year old giving me hugs and telling me he loves me first
9. walks with Sean
10. Salads with strawberries in them
11. Bathing my busy little boy and then massaging him with his yummy smelling baby cream
12. watching my children sing to Jesus
13. Folding up laundry .I love the smell of clean clothes:-)
14. shopping with my sister and Peyton
15. Getting surprises from Sean:-)
  I hope each of you stop throughout your busy day and give thanks to the Lord for all He has done and just for who He is!! I am so glad He cares about every little detail of my life and that He sings over me!

  "The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing."
~ Zephaniah 3:17







~ Joli ~

1 comment:

  1. I think so many of us need to stop always trying to see the big picture first and enjoy all the little details of that picture. That is where all the love, joy, and laughter is found. God loves all the details. Look at all the ones He made in this beautiful world. We need to throw our arms back and "suck up the day" more often.

    I love shopping with you and Pey too. :)

    xoxo,
    Farah

    ReplyDelete